Pioneer Spine and Sports Physicians
Who We Are
Pioneer Spine and Sports Physicians offers comprehensive care based upon the combined expertise of multiple specialists. From initial diagnosis to completion of treatment, we provide in-house access to physician assessment, physical therapy, injection therapy, pain management, and surgery of the spine when needed – everything a patient needs in order to return to a healthy lifestyle.
Having all of our services in-house allows us to work side-by-side, which is of great benefit to the patient. Physicians, PA’s, NP’s, physical therapists, athletic trainers, case managers, your referring physician, and you all work closely together to ensure communication and treatment is consistent and thorough.
Our goal is to provide the highest quality and most comprehensive care to every patient we see and to return them to their prior activity level as quickly as possible.
The mission of Pioneer Spine and Sports Physicians is to provide comprehensive care for musculoskeletal, sports, and spinal conditions. We strive to create an environment that allows our patients to obtain efficient and effective non-surgical treatment for these conditions, and one that allows our employees to thrive.
We maintain the highest medical standards and make proven state-of-the-art intervention available to our patients within the realm of our specialty. In each of our facilities, a unique multidisciplinary approach to medical conditions gives our patients their best opportunity to benefit from non-surgical care.
We endeavor to provide an optimal environment for this care, and a positive, dignified experience for all of our patients and employees.
At a Glance
- Largest private Physiatry Practice in the U.S.
- Provides comprehensive, non-operative care for spinal conditions and sports injuries under one roof
- Offices throughout Western Mass for over 25 years
- PSSP has a panel of over 140,000 patients
- PSSP has over 20 clinicians and more than 20 physical therapists with several hundred years’ combined experience
- On-site Physical Therapy at most office locations
- Several of PSSP physicians are recognized as members of Best Doctors
- Clinical Programs: Sports Medicine, Minimally Invasive Spinal Intervention, Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation, Acute and Chronic Pain Management, Spasticity, Pediatric Rehabilitation and Electrodiagnostics
- PSSP has been an integral partner with Baycare PHO in establishing the guidelines for efficient care in conservative spinal medicine treatment
- Employs over 125 people locally
- Team Physicians for local colleges and high schools
- Medical Directors: Weldon (Mercy Medical Center) and Bronson (Noble Hospital), Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Units
- Affiliation with Return to Work Center – Industrial Rehabilitation/Work Hardening Care
- On-site rehabilitation at Mass Mutual Insurance Co. – Springfield, MA & Enfield, CT – and Lennox Manufacturing
- Offers Specialty Pediatric Rehabilitation Services in Northampton office.
- Dr. Charles Mick was President of NASS (North American Spine Society) in 2013
- Affiliated with most local hospitals and the Surgery Center of New England ASC